William A. Leonard
Individuals and Small Businesses
I have the tools and the know-how to...
(click on any of these for more info)
- ...install and set up your computer hardware and software...
whether you got a new machine or moved the old one to a new location. [More]
- ...move your data from your old computer to your new one...
including documents, pictures, music, favorites and mail. [More]
- ...back up your data...
pay attention so you can learn how to do it too. [More]
- ...recover lost data you accidently deleted...
as long as we act quickly before overwriting it. [More]
- ...recover data from your broken hard drive...
if your drive is dead, almost dead, mostly dead, somewhat dead, a little dead... [More]
- ...securely erase your old hard drive removing all traces of your personal data...
so you can sell, give away or retask the drive. [More]
- ...destroy your old hard drive so no one can use it...
only if you insist; it's better if it can be reused. [More]
- ...clean & degunk your computer for better performance...
I remove the e-sludge. Let me do a makeover on your computer. [More]
- ...remove viruses and other malware from your computer...
I can bring more weapons to bear. [More]
- ...replace parts in your laptop or desktop to repair it...
I can install free, used, donated parts or I can arrange the purchase of new parts to install. [More]
- ...troubleshoot and solve most computer problems on site...
I make house calls. [More]
I have a BS in computer science from New Mexico Tech.
I have been consulting since 1991 and I have over 750 clients including individuals, local and national businesses.
I am a member of the
Jamestown Chamber of Commerce
and the Jamestown Freelance Collaborative.
On April 24, the Chamber will sponsor "Business After Hours" hosted by the PAC/Jamestown Bar and Grille and the collaborative. Details are on the chamber's web page.
I've created a list of handy utilities that have proved very useful. I present them here as a convenience to my clients and to anyone looking for some easy-to-use tools.
I collect, refurbish, and then give away used computer equipment. I've got some equipment that you can browse free stuff here.
I have couple of personal projects that I work on from
- (Almost annual) Christmas Cards
- A scrapbook from rallying days of my youth.
- I enjoy photography and have posted some of my work at fotki.com